Even with the walls around me,
I’ll always miss the place where
I grew up.
It made us tough.
Simple love and wealthy families;
suicides of kids that died too young.
It broke us up.
And I remember laughing
when we caught up;
asking if that was still a part of me.
It’s still a part of me.
At night we used to drive
until we couldn’t.
All that we wanted
was some company,
and it was comforting.
We’ll all carry on into the world.
Innocence was hard to stand by,
even with those catholic girls we loved;
when they gave it up.
Life goes on.
Visit with the Virden family;
Step inside the house i first felt love.
I earned that cut.
And Loriann i know you’re out there
watching us continue to grow up.
You gave too much
Your life goes on.
- dirtybroke-beautiful-free reblogged this from musickat1-kristen
- brackenblack reblogged this from musickat1-kristen
- bridgenorth reblogged this from brettmailloux
- brettmailloux likes this
- brettmailloux reblogged this from musickat1-kristen
- theluckofthe-eilish likes this
- ivebeenwatchingthestarsturnhazy likes this
- fragiledesign likes this
- dont-ever-lose-your-heart likes this
- musickat1-kristen posted this